If you haven't tried Close To My Heart's user-friendly and oh-so-beautiful answer to digital scrapbooking: Studio J, NOW is the time! This just over 7-minute tutorial gives you all the basics you need to make your first layout...and MORE! You'll LOVE it!
Studio J is FREE to create. No need to purchase programs or bog down your computer with downloads. Your projects will be saved for 90 days. Plenty of time to create multiple pages and purchase in quantity for better deals on shipping and pricing. Memberships are offered for AMAZING savings but not necessary.
Give Studio J a try! Click on the badge at the top of my blog for easier travels to Studio J.
Friday, April 29, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
In this beauty, she shared a color resist technique. It takes a few steps but all are easy. Yet, your final result is elegance.
1. Embossed the stamped image from Close To My Heart's April Stamp of the Month with the Versamark Pad and White Daisy Embossing Powder on White Daisy Cardstock.
2. Filled my Spray Pen up to the first line with Chocolate Re-Inker and then to the third line with water.
3. Sprayed the embossed paper lightly with the above mixture until I got the desired look. Hint: if you want a soft look with light spray marks like my card, be sure to hold your spray pen about 6-8 inches away from the paper you are spraying and press the nozzle fast.
4. I used my Heat Gun to dry this quickly.
5. I then used my Waterbrush and picked up color from my Cotton Candy Stamp Pad and my Pear Stamp Pad to color in the flowers.
The Chocolate Cardstock that I used in the background is stamped tone-on-tone with the butterfly image from the stamp set with Chocolate Ink.
For the card: I have been making tons of 3.5" x 8" cards lately. I love these little puppies. Not only do they fit simply in a legal size envelope to mail, they also cut easily from a standard (8.5" x 11") sheet of cardstock. Just cut a 7" x 8" piece and fold in half on the 7" side. You'll have enough cardstock left for stamping on pieces and using them to layer. Cool beans!
She used the April 2011 stamp of the month. You can purchase it or earn it FREE with qualifying purchase on my website http://www.tabatha.myctmh.com/
|April Stamp of the Month|
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
|A is for Abby|
|M is for Maddy|
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Friday, April 8, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Available in 4 collections: bitty clear, clear (2 shapes and 4 sizes), blue & green assortment and red, pink & purple assortment. At $2.95 each collections, you can afford all 4 collections. Self adhesive.
Don't forget the super vintage Opaques! Available in 3 collections: Licorice (black, greys), Mocha (browns and tan) and Pearl (cream) these gems are self adhesive for instant glamour. ($2.95 each collection)