Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chipboard Monograms

A is for Abby
 Covering chipboard is one of my favorite things. I made these monogram letters for my girls' doors. Another reason I love crafting: personalization. With each project I make, I customize the project and colors to the recepicient. Abby is my everything pink girl. I was able to find super cute pink paper with shades of pink and brown dots. Maddy, on the other hand, is an all blue nothing pink kind of girl. She loves shades of blue especially oceanic hues. Instead of dots or stripes, I opted for a more fun grown up yet sassy flower print that reminded me of the islands. 
M is for Maddy
Don't forget the embellishments! They are as important as the basic supplies. Currently, my favorite dimensional embellishment is the accordian flower. Easy to make but packs a big punch. I will post a video tutorial on how to make this style paper flower.
Accordian flower

1 comment: